Terms and Conditions
The following Terms & Conditions apply to Bookings and Stays
Authority to Sign
Bookings will be made strictly by order of the booking form being received, the contract shall then be between the Tenants (either as a group or individuals) and Katie and Peter Goodall, known as The Owners of Hillside Cottage, Trethias, St Merryn Padstow PL28 8PL. No guarantees of bookings will be given until deposits and booking forms have been received and confirmation has been sent out. No more than the maximum number of people shown on the property details may occupy the property to sleep but we can allow one extra child in the cot. Violation of this booking condition permits The Owners to terminate the contract forthwith at any time and all monies paid to Katie Goodall by the tenant will be forfeit. Bookings can only be accepted from tenants over 25 years of age.
By signing of the booking form the tenant confirms that they have read and understood the description of the property being booked and confirms that all members of the party have agreed to the terms and conditions and booking conditions.
Booking / Cancellations
A deposit of 40% of the total tariff is required at the time of booking. Balance of the tariff must be received 6 weeks prior to arrival. Reminders are not sent out. All cancellations must be made in writing. Where the tenant cancels their booking within four weeks of their arrival they will remain liable for the full amount of tariff. If the tenant cancels between four and six weeks before their due arrival date they will accept the risk of losing their deposit.
If the Owners can re-rent the accommodation then they will return any monies paid, minus any expenses occurred.
One dog is welcome at Hillside, we love dogs ourselves but ask all guests to be extra vigilant that the house is left in the same order that they have found it. We make a small charge for a dog but we expect all tenants to comply with the following pet rules:
Pets are to be kept under control always.
- If your dog destroys any of the fixtures and fittings at Hillside the damage will be chargeable.
- All furniture, beds, sofas to be respected and dogs kept off. If your dog is moulting etc extra cleaning charges may apply.
- We ask you to ensure that your pet does not go upstairs or into the bedrooms. We will reserve the right to make extra deep cleaning charges if this has been the case.
- If your dog makes a mess anywhere it is to be cleaned up immediately. Please make sure that the garden is clean.
- Not to create a nuisance to neighbouring properties, please do not pull over or turn in our neighbours (BRENTWOOD) drive. This is private land.
- To pay for any damage caused during a stay at Hillside.
- To be aware of the needs of our neighbours whilst outside either in the hot-tub or on the decking and keep noise down after 10pm.
- No smoking at Hillside
- No party groups.
- Hillside is restricted in its parking space and we cannot allow more than THREE cars in the drive from any one booking group.
- Hillside is attended regularly by maintenance people such as the gardener or window cleaners; as well as some others for running repairs. We ask that guests allow them access to do their work. They are also permitted to bring their car onto the drive and we ask guests to facilitate this.
- The Management will always gain permission and arrange a suitable time with the guests if access to Hillside is required by Maintenance.
- To leave Hillside in a state of reasonable cleanliness and order.
- Put rubbish in the bags left and dispose of all recycling. Failure to do so and if a separate journey has to be made by the Maintenance company to get rid of recycling could raise a charge which will be levied against the security deposit
- RUBBISH AND RECYCLING Guests must AGREE to dispose of rubbish sensibly and put it out in the dustbin on day of collection. To make a collection all rubbish should be placed inside the large sacks provided. Collection day is on SATURDAYS. Recycling ust be placed in the appropriate bin and glass in the box provided..
Problems and Complaints
Any problems or complaints must be reported immediately or as soon as reasonably possible of occupying a property to enable The Owners or the Caretaking Agency to rectify the problem. No complaints will be accepted after the end of a stay at a property. It is agreed by the tenant that any failure to notify The Owner or The Caretaking Agency of a problem or compliant before the end of the tenants stay will prejudice a claim irrespective of its merits. It is agreed that by the tenant signing the booking form they agree to the prompt notice of a problem or complaint in accordance with this clause may be considered by a court in determining liability or assessing compensation. The Owners hold no responsibility for any disturbances caused outside of a property either by neighbours, building works, farming work or village events etc.
Neither the owners of Hillside nor their agent takes any responsibility for left items after departure of accommodation although every effort will be made to return the item to the guests if possible. We reserve the right to ask for the cost of packaging and posting.
Use of the Hot-tub is subject to the guests signing a disclaimer which highlights the dangers and delicacies of the Hot-tub. Abuse of the Hot-tub will be addressed with the Security Deposit.
All Tenants are to pay a £300.00 refundable deposit. It will be returned within 2 weeks of the tenant departure; on the condition that no deductions are needed (i.e. cleaning monies not left, on departure or damage has occurred to a property).
Breach of contract
Katie and Peter Goodall (the Owners of the accommodation) reserve the right to terminate the accommodation rental at any time if there is a breach of any of Hillside Cottage Terms and Conditions or Booking conditions.
Hillside Cottage has a strictly no Smoking Policy.
Please do not smoke inside all the properties, nor permit any guest to do the same.
All tenants are strongly advised to take out holiday insurance.
Whilst every effort and care is made is ensure good and safe working order of everything to do with the property at Hillside both inside and out neither the Owners nor the Care-taking Agency are liable for any accidents or injuries that occur in any property or grounds.